Back to top


How can I learn more about water, aquifers, wells, etc.?

The U.S. Geological Survey has a great site all about water.  You can learn about aquifers, how wells work, what types of minerals are in water, facts about water hardness, and many other things.  If you want to learn, just visit The USGS Water Science School.

What should I do if a Boil Water advisory is placed in my area?

You should boil your water vigorously for one minute prior to consumption until the boil water advisory is lifted.  It usually takes several days for the Mississippi State Department of Health to ensure that all samples taken are clean and that the water is safe for consumption.  Click to see Precautions to Take as outlined by the Mississippi State Department of Health.

How will you notify me of a boil water alert?

If a boil water alert is necessary, there are several ways we may notify customers.  In the instance of a large scale boil water alert, we may use the TV news media to help publicize the alert to our customers.  We will also post it on our website and use our phone call alert notification system (If you have updated your number with the office). 

As a customer, what portion of my water line is my responsibility?

After service is established with Topisaw, the customer is responsible for maintaining any leaks from their water meter to their home. Topisaw will maintain all water lines leading into the water meter. 

How do I check for household leaks?

The most common culprit for indoor leaks is the toilet. To find out if your toilet leaks, listen for the sound of running water. You can also place a few drops of food coloring in the tank. Don’t flush the toilet. If the coloring is seen in the bowl, the toilet is leaking. Other indications of household leaks are dripping faucets and unusual wet spots in the house or yard. A leak of 30 drops a minute wastes 84 gallons of water a month.

You should also check the pipes bringing water into your house, sprinkler system timer, water softener, water heater, and water filtration unit. If everything seems to be in order, or you need assistance, please call our office. We’re here to help.

Who should I call in case of a water emergency, such as a water line break?

If during office hours, please call us at 601-835-0712. If after hours, please contact our emergency number at 601-835-0711. No one at the emergency number will be able to help you with payment or billing information; only call with water outages/leaks.

How do I discontinue or transfer my water service?

To stop your water service, please contact us by phone, mail, or office visit and request to have the service taken out of your name. If you are moving within our service area and would like to transfer your service, please call us.

The following information must be provided:

  • Account Number to be closed
  • Date to close account (excluding weekends and holidays)
  • Forwarding address and phone number

How can I contact TCWA?

You can use our contact form here.